Extruders'maintenance: Tooling Die
1. Clean the outside surfaces in regular intervals.
2. Use temperature-resistant on screws.
3. Clean centering devices and sealing surfaces and remove the burs at the flangs facings.
4. Check the connecting cables to the heating installations and the temperature sensors for ruptures.
5. Polish the extrusion channels (spray in corrosion preventive for storage).
6. When using ultrasonic cleaning bath the right standardization of the acid concentration (max. 4% of phosphoric acid) is imperative as otherwise the die steel is corroded. The same applies for the final adherence to the cleaning duration in the ultrasonic cleaning bath ( Max. 45 minutes).
Use cleaning tools made of brass or copper only to avoid damaging the flange facings.
Extruder maintenance and service
The screw extrusion system uses daily maintenance and regular maintenance for maintenance.
● Routine maintenance is regular routine work. It does not take up equipment work hours and is usually completed during driving. The focus is to clean the machine, lubricate all moving parts, fasten loose screws, check and adjust electric motors, control instruments, working parts and piping etc. in time.
❌Do not allow empty cars to run, so as to avoid screw and machine squeegee.
● Prevent metal or other debris from falling into the hopper so as not to damage the screw and barrel. In order to prevent iron debris from entering the barrel, magnetic absorption parts or magnetic frames may be installed at the entrance of the material into the barrel to prevent debris from falling.
⚠️ Take care that the production environment is clean. Do not allow trash and impurities to be mixed with the material to clog the filter plate. This will affect product yield, quality, and increase head resistance.
● If an abnormal sound occurs during the operation of the extruder, stop immediately for inspection or repair.
● The reducer maintenance of the extruder is the same as that of a normal standard reducer. It mainly checks the wear and failure of gears, bearings, etc. The gear box should use the lubricating oil specified in the machine instructions, and add the oil according to the specified oil level, the oil is too little, the lubrication is not reversed, and the service life of the parts is reduced; the oil is too much, the heat is large, the energy consumption is large, the oil is easily deteriorated, It also invalidates lubrication and causes damage to parts. The seal gasket (ring) should be replaced in time to ensure the amount of lubricating oil.